Tooth colored fillings, also known as "composite" fillings are made to resemble your natural tooth color.
- -This helps to make your filling look more natural and cosmetically pleasing to the eye
- - It is especially important for fillings on front teeth
- - This type of filling can also be used to cosmetically change the shape, size, or color of a tooth
- - It is applied by a bonding process, which means you remove less of the healthy part of the tooth
- According to the American Dental Association (ADA) :
- - "They provide good durability and resistance to fracture in small and mid-size fillings that need to withstand moderate pressure from the constant stress of chewing."